There is a little time to rest and reflect in this final week of December 2012, and so I want to share with you the top 10 posts that were visited the most by you over this last year! These are listed in order, starting with our most-viewed post at number one.
1. Autumn Mantel Transformation and Tips: I have really enjoyed coming up with fun ways to dress up our vintage mantel this year, and our most-viewed post was for the autumn mantel that I created. I offer some tips to help you decorate your mantel or any flat surface like a sideboard or a shelf.
2. Affordable Autumn Table For Two: This was one of my favorite tablescapes this year. I used a few items that I had collected at thrift stores throughout the year, and then supplemented with what I had around the house, for a lovely autumnal feel for the dining room. I love the fun, fresh color scheme in this arrangement!
3. Vintage Look Dining Room Bookcase Before and After Tutorial: I am so proud of my sweet husband for the wonderful work he did on this project that I had long wanted to add to our dining room. In this post, we give a tutorial on how we put together a lovely, 8-foot long bookcase ourselves out of reclaimed wood and for only $67! It provides the perfect-sized storage for many of our music notebooks, and now I have a fun, long shelf top to decorate throughout the year, as well as it being a great spot for the cats to do some bird watching!
4. Vintage Bar Cart Spray Paint Project Transformation Tips: I just love the transformation this little bar cart went through, and what a big impact it now makes in our living room. This was a very easy project that adds a lot of vintage flair using spray paint and a paint pen–I highly recommend this one if you are looking for a quick fix for an old metal cart.
5. Garden Columns: A Pinterest-Inspired Before and After Tutorial: This garden project was one of those “lightbulb over the head”-type of moments for me, after looking at these columns sitting in our garage for so long! They add drama to our backyard, and a lovely feature that we can see from our bedroom. We give point-by-point details on how to create this project in your garden!
6. DIY Beaded Lampshade: This lampshade still makes me happy everytime I see it when I enter our bedroom. I love the blue and green colors of the glass beads, and I love the fact that it started out life as a lowly Dollar Tree trash can!
7. Antique Ribbon Lampshade Before and After Tutorial: This is another easy lampshade revamp that I made with an old lampshade I had and some lovely turquoise-flowered ribbon I found at our local antique store. All you need are some scissors and a hot-glue gun to put this together. I love how it looks now on my bedside table!
8. Glazed Bedside Tables Before and After DIY: I enjoyed using glazes this year on a variety of home decorating projects. Here I show you how to mix your own antiquing glaze, and I really like the heavily glazed result that I achieved, giving these tired old tables a refreshed new look for very little money.
9. Autumn Pots Before/After Tutorial: This is a very easy project that you can use to dress up inexpensive plastic pots. Spray paint and decoupage are the combination I used to bring a fresh new look to these containers!
10. Dollar Tree Hostess Gift: Spiced Nuts: I was so happy to start incorporating some recipe posts into the mix here at Minerva’s Garden this year. In this post, I give you a very inexpensive yet charming way to share my favorite homemade spiced nuts, using a Dollar Store glass and bird clip, and my recipe is included.
What a fun year this has been blogging–I’ve grown so much, and I appreciate each one of you who stops by to visit each week at Minerva’s Garden!
Looking forward to and wishing you a fantastic New Year in 2013!
What are your plans for 2013? I’d love to hear from you in the comments, so stop by for a visit!
If you liked this post, you can subscribe to Minerva’s Garden via email or RSS, Like us on Facebook, and Follow us on Twitter, and connect with us on You Tube, Pinterest and Google +. You can also follow us on Linky!
Thank you so much for your friendship and support–I appreciate it!
Till next time,
I’m participating at:
It’s Party Time at Setting For Four
Be Inspired Link Party at Elizabeth & Co.
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits at Stone Gable